I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again: Facebook is a platform that hosts 2.89 billion active users on a monthly basis. It is no exaggeration when I say – your business must be on Facebook! Recently, we did a post on How to Set-Up Your Facebook Business Page As a Life Insurance Agent. Today, I am covering how to use your business page to increase your sales as a preneed insurance agent or a final expense insurance agent. Follow these simple steps to boost your business’ visibility.
Invite Your Friends to Like Your Page
Without an audience to post to, it’s unlikely you’ll garner many leads into your pipeline. Facebook makes it easy to share your business page with friends with a few simple clicks.
1. On your page, below your Call to Action Button, there are three dots. Click here to display a menu.
2. Select “Invite Friends.”
3. This will pull up a list of all your friends. Unless you have a specific reason not to, invite all your friends by clicking on their names.
4. Make sure you also check the box, “Also send each invite in messenger.” This allows a conversation to start on a more direct level. If they have questions about the business, etc. they can ask you directly.
One more additional way to generate interest in your business page is to talk about it on your personal page! You can “tag” your business page in a status update.
1. On your personal profile, start typing your status. Tag your business page by starting with an “@” sign. Then without adding any space, start typing the name of your business page.
2. After selecting your business page, it will insert the tag for you. You can continue typing your message if needed.
Post Relevant Content
You don’t have to come up with a new, custom post every day. Curate a mixture of content you have personally created, but also re-post content from other pages that are relevant to your audience. The more quality information you can provide, the greater the trust your current and potential clients will have in you. Pro tip: The Security National Life Facebook page is a great resource for content to re-post to your page! (Click here to view!)
Engage with Your Followers
When you have people like, comment, or share your content, make sure you respond in kind. Cultivate the relationship! For example, when someone likes your post, go to their profile/page and send a friend request. If you’re already friends, like/comment on one of their posts. This is the “social” part of social media!
Do Numbers Matter?
Too often, people fall into the trap of focusing on numbers such as the amount of followers and likes; however, just as a referral is a better lead than a cold call, engaged followers, in any amount, are better than empty followers. An engaged follower likes, comments, and interacts with you online. An empty follower clicked “follow,” and has since disappeared. They haven’t liked, shared, or commented on your content in a while. It is extremely unlikely they see your content in their feed now. In contrast, your engaged followers become your future customer! Focus on cultivating relationships and your business page will organically grow!
About Alix Kersavage
With a background in digital marketing and graphic design, Alix is a marketing professional with over 8 years of experience. Alix currently supports the Security National Life marketing team in the social media manager role.
As a transplant to the Seattle area, Alix calls the Pacific Northwest home with her husband and 3 kids. Have a few questions? Email: Alix.Kersavage@SecurityNational.com.